Sunday, August 8, 2010

Comparative Review: Nailene Perfect Tips & Toes French Polish Guides ~ vs ~ Sally Hansen Self-Adhesive French Manicure & Pedicure Guides

When it comes to French Manicures and Pedicures, I don't normally use tip guides but instead rely on the steadiness of my hands to apply polish to the tips. I do own a few tip guides though and here I am going to compare the Sally Hansen ones and the Nailene ones.

Sally Hansen Self-Adhesive French Manicure & Pedicure Guides


The Sally Hansen tip guides I have came as part of a French Manicure Kit which my aunt brought me as a gift when she visited Malta on one of her yearly visits. The kit consists of:

1. Self-Adhesive French Manicure & Pedicure Guides
2. Natural White nail polish for the tips
3. Natural Colour for the rest of the nail (mine was Natural Pink)

The tip guides are found on a sticker sheet foldable in 3 and there are both tip guides for the finger nails (curved) as well as for the toes (straight). There are 39 of both types of guides, totaling to 78 stickers.

I was really disappointed in these tip guides as they kept coming off my nails no matter how long I left the nail polish underneath to dry. I had to do one nail at a time to prevent smudges.

Also, when I came to remove them, there was like an embossed line of nail polish where I used the tip guides. Furthermore, I found the guides were really large compared to the size of my hands.

I was expecting something better of Sally Hansen with respect to the tip guides but I can't complain of the nail polishes in the same kit. However, these kits have now been discontinued and replaced with other ones.

Nailene Perfect Tips & Toes French Polish Guides


Earlier this week, I received my prize for being one of the winners in Nailene's first giveaway. Among the prizes I won, were two packs of tip guides for French manicures.

After my not-so-good experience with the Sally Hansen tip guides, I wanted to try these to see how they compare but I was still hesitant.

The first bonus, was that in the pack, there are 96 guides, as opposed to the 78 from Sally Hansen and also, the Nailene ones are smaller in size so that's definitely better for me. I decided to try the tip guides yesterday and I was really pleased with these I think I will start using them for each french mani & pedi I do!

Here is how both guides compare:



Nailene on the left; Sally Hansen on the right (sorry for the bad picture quality)




I have only used 5 of these guides because they are sticky just how much they have to be. Consequently, I've used the same 5 for both hands. The polish applies smoothly with them on and doesn't leave any unsightly marks.




Overall, I like the Nailene ones best. Have you ever tried tip guides ladies? If so, what are your thoughts about them?

Lara xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment