Friday, August 27, 2010

Review: e.l.f. Eyelid Primer


It's been quite some time since I gave my initial thoughts about e.l.f.'s Eyelid Primer so now I am in a position to give a full review about it.

What they say...

Preps your eyelid for smoother, longer-lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow. The ultra sheer nude color works to increase eye color longevity. The lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into the skin for comfortable wear.





What I say...

This is my first ever primer! I have never used one so I was intrigued to find out if these things actually work so I got it in one of my orders to see how if it measures up to my expectations.

The first thing I noticed when I took this out is that it looked like it had separated and dried up. I had read about this happening to other customers so I followed e.l.f.'s advice to open it and pump the wand up and down a couple of times. In no time, the Eyelid Primer looked how it was supposed to!

I really like the tube it comes in. The bottom part feels so smooth and velvety (I think it is silicon), in a few words, nice to the touch. It has a very creamy consistency which blends seamlessly into the eyelids. The colour is described as sheer; although it looks kind of peachy, it really blends to a sheer colour so I guess it will work for darker skin tones as well. The Eyelid Primer has no smell to it.

Another thing which I really like about this Eyelid Primer is the handy wand applicator (pretty much the same as a lipgloss applicator). It is very ergonomic and you control how much primer you want on your lids (2-3 dabs are enough).

Before I got this product, I looked up some reviews on other blogs and on YouTube and there was one in particular that gave me second thoughts about this Eyelid Primer. The girl said that when she closed the tube, the primer came out from underneath the cap. I am glad mine isn't at all like that.

Now, on to the interesting part... how did it help in extending the life of my eyeshadows?

I really put this primer to the test!! I tried it with cream eyeshadows, powder eyeshadows, pigments, poorly pigmented eyeshadows... well you get the drift! However, in my opinion, the hardest test was to be able to maintain my eyeshadow like I have just applied it in the extremely hot & humid summer we have here in Malta.

At this point, it has become a tough challenge to really convince myself on the fact that I have managed to go through all this time without this product! It has proven to be an essential product in my make-up kit as apart from making the eyeshadows last all day and night without creasing (yes, even the cream ones!!!!), it also enhances the colour and makes them stand out more! Here is a picture to show you exactly what I mean:






I think it's worth investing in this Eyelid Primer and at £1.50 you won't break the bank either (yes you read the price right ;p)! e.l.f. also have an other eye primer which is the Mineral Eyeshadow Primer which retails for £3. I haven't tried this out yet but e.l.f. claim that this gentle and completely sheer Eyeshadow Primer has key vitamins A, C and E to help prevent aging and moisturizes the skin. The formula glides on easily and disappears instantly to create longer-lasting, crease-proof eyeshadow. The Mineral Eyeshadow Primer is designed to be used with your favorite mineral eyeshadow to provide ultimate staying power for beautiful and vibrant color that lasts. 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes.

Overall, I give the Eyelid Primer a 5 star rating. Have you tried this out yet ladies? Do have opposing opinions or anything else you'd like to point out?

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment