Thursday, July 21, 2011

E.l.f Studio Blushes

 Ello!
I thought it was about time that i started reviewing and swatching all the E.l.f products i have and decided to start with blushes. Blush is generally one of my favourite things to buy and over the last few months I've picked up a few. The first stand out point about these is their Nars-esque packaging which is great but without the smudgey rubbery casing that annoys me with Nars products. They also have a teeny mirror inside which is extremely useful when out and about! So i guess I'll stop rambling and get onto reviewing the actual product.


 Top Row: Candid Coral - Peachy Keen - Mellow Mauve
Bottom Row: Fuchsia Fusion - Gotta Glow
I'll start with the obvious non-blush. Gotta Glow is E.l.f's version of Nar's Albatross and without trying that i can't actually compare the two. Like all of the Studio Blushes I've tried its a little on the chalky side and i find it a bit hard to work with. It looks gorgeous in the pan but if you're not a fan of glitter I'd stay clear of this one as it has rather large chunks in it. It's an okay product for the price, I don't reach for it very often as i generally prefer liquid highlighters. I think i'll be splurging on the real thing some time soon.

Now onto my favourite out of the five... Fuchsia Fusion is an absolutely stunning bright pink shade with again a ton of glitter. Luckily I'm a fan of shimmery blushes but it does take a little building up to get decent colour pay off. Until i recently purchased Benefits Bella Bamba i found myself wearing this one most days and building it up for a more dramatic effect at night. The downside is that it doesn't really stay in place for long so having to reapply it every few hours is a real pain.
 
Candid Coral, Peachy Keen, Mellow Mauve. These three are ones i just don't seem to use ever. I find these have the worst colour pay off of the E.l.f blushes i own, I'm around an NC15 possibly lighter so frankly that shouldnt really be an issue. I've tried to make these work for me but i just can't. I was really hoping Peachy Keen would be a little bit like Benefit's Georgia but i was sadly disappointed. Although i know a lot of E.l.f fans rave about these but i guess they're just no good for me!

Candid Coral - Peachy Keen - Mellow Mauve - Fuchsia Fusion - Gotta Glow
(Heavily Swatched)
I was sold on these purely for the price, at £3.50 each i wasn't loosing too much experimenting with them. Fuchsia Fusion is the one I'd definitely recommend but again it is still a little on the chalky side. The pigmentation on all of them to be honest isn't great and with most all you can hope for at best is a sheer wash of colour. I really think there are better 'Drugstore' blushes on the market and i intend to find some of the better ones!

These are all priced at £3.50 on Eyeslipsface.co.uk.

As always thanks for reading my ramblings. If you have any E.l.f reviews up let me know! I'd love to know if anyone else got on with them better than me.
 :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment