Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cineleisure Challenge 2 (Food)

I was craving for Japanese food.
So I told Rachell, why not let's go for Japanese cuisines in this challenge?

And so we did.

We headed to Shokudo Japanese Coffee House.





In Japanese, Shokudo means Dining Hall.
I'm sure they got the right name as they have a huge variety of food, just like a dining hall!

They have Pastas, pizzas, burgers, cakes, waffles, kakigori, smoothies, juice...there's so many to name!



Just look at the menu. (P.s. I like menus with pictures so I can roughly guess how my food will turn out to be like xD)

After much consideration, I chose THIS!



Hotate Mentaiko Cheese Pizza



I swear this pizza here is MARVELOUS.
I thought it's a great idea for them to turn the usual thick pizza crust to an extremely flat crispy one, because I always like the crispy part of the usual crust! Now we can have THE ENTIRE THING CRISPY.



The serving itself looks super appealing.
A plus point for food that makes us salivate just from the sight~

Every slice of pizza has got a hotate (scallop), which makes every bite equal.
Don't you hate how some pizzas have unequal toppings on them which make some bites tasteless?

Also, did I mention I LOVE MENTAIKO?
Mentaiko is Spicy Cod Roe, if you haven't try it, please do!!!
The mentaiko brings up the entire taste to this pizza but is not too overwhelming.



I tried adding a little cheese powder and it made the pizza less spicy, and taste more like a usual pan pizza.

Of course, dessert is important to my meal haha!



Macha Kakigori

I'm a fan of Macha (Green Tea).
ANYTHING with Macha is AWESOME.

Honestly, the portion of this is very big!



Macha's best match is AZUKI BEANS.
I guess it's because Macha's a tad bit bitter, since it's a tea, and the sweet azuki beans help neutralize the taste and make everything bitter-sweetly perfect. xD



This Macha syrup is a little sweeter than usual, but it wouldn't make you feel sick of it after a few bites.
Also, YAY for the fine ice! I was so afraid the ice will turn out coarse and have hard bits that I have to chew on...ouch.





Overall, the meal was splendid.
Shokudo is definitely a good place for you to settle down and chat with your friends when you got tired from shopping as they serve many small bites too~

Apparently, Shokudo is the place where Rachell and I met with Noah for the very first time.
Haha up till now, Noah have no idea what the name of this restaurant is called!
I'll have to explain " Neh!! The place we first met!!!" and he'll go " OHHHH......"
So this should be the reason why we decided to go back to this restaurant! Many memories there too! :)



So if you haven't been there yet, and ALWAYS walk pass it without trying their good food, please do!

Cathay Cineleisure Orchard
Shokudo Japanese Coffee House
8 Grange Road, #02-06A/B
Tel: +65-6736 0971

Sunday to Thursday:
11.30am – 2.00am
Last order at 1.15am
Friday, Saturday & Eve of PH
11.30am – 3.00am
Last order at 2.15am

We also went to another Japanese food restaurant called Nihon Mura, located at the fourth floor of Cineleisure!
I think many might not know about this but if you want to eat Japanese Cuisine but doesn't like Ala Cartes, you can choose to go to Nihon Mura!



It is $25/pax for students!
I didn't know there's a Nihon Mura in Cineleisure until Rachell told me about it xD

The price is definitely worth it if you have a BIG APPETITE and don't actually go for the quality.
(Like, buffet foods are usually less fine compared to ala cartes.)

I don't know about you but I do prefer Shokudo more than Nihon Mura, even though one is sushi while the other is pasta and pizza.
Just thought I should share with you in case you had no idea there's a Japanese Buffet place in Cineleisure, like me! :B

Read what Rachell ate in Shokudo HERE!!

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/485647_3052363870131_1294306638_32181175_1420925690_n.jpg




Also, vote for us, KITTY ON A SPACESHIP ~ :D
(http://www.nuffnang.com.sg/cineleisure-next-online-sensation/vote/)

If you don't know how to... I have a guide HERE !

No comments:

Post a Comment