Thursday, December 22, 2011

Evening bags and more......

It's that time of year when we start rummaging through our closets for something to wear to "that special event".  Let's face it - most women relish in the thought of getting all dressed up for a big night out.  We do our hair, decorate our nails, try something different, even edgy with our make-up and adorn ourselves with that LBD or the equivalent of such, of course don't forget the jewellery.  Whether it's New Year's Eve or a Xmas bash, staff party or friends' cocktail evening we look forward to looking our best. 

It's clear that nails are the new fashion accessory of the 21st century - we all know that and love to show off our nails with all the delightful shades available today.  But is the evening clutch/bag taking over as the must-have item to compliment our evening attire?

I tried my hand (pardon the pun) at swatching two Nailwear polishes by ASK Cosmetics.  Here's the result....
The shade is "Iced Mocha" and due to the lighting it looks fairly dark here.  It reminds me of a champagne pink tone and is great for people who tend to prefer lighter pinks or mauves.  I inherited this sequined evening clutch from my grandmother, which has such intricate details.  It might look a bit old-fashioned, or what do you think?


This evening bag was a unique find that I purchased while living in Europe.  The minute I laid eyes on it, I knew I had to own it.  It's one of those small ones that only fits the bare essentials: lipstick, a credit card and maybe a cell phone.  When I paired this bag with a LBD it got all the attention.  So lovely with all the hand stitching - hard to find accessories like this these days, or am I looking in the wrong spots?

This shade really lives up to its name "Sheer French Pink".  In this shot I am wearing three coats and my nails still look fairly natural.  For those who like just a hint of shiny decoration on their nails, this is the one for you.  I love it, as there is an understated sophistication or elegance to the way your nails look with this polish. 


What do you fellow bloggers think about such a sheer shade - or sweet little nothing?  Is it better for daytime or is there some sort of natural elegance in sporting such a hint for an evening out?

A happy and safe holiday season to all from Lisa Mueller for ASK Cosmetics Inc.

P.S.  Please excuse the poor lighting in these shots - have to improve by 100 % in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment